Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Wow Carolyn...that horrible!
Posted by Linda_H/FL of FL on 6/11/21 8:58pm Msg #632682
I like the way you handled your Mom's will; when my mother had to change hers after my father died, I took her to a local attorney I knew in CT to have it done (was a legal sec'y then but not for this guy but I knew he was good) - I took her inside then he took her into his office to talk to her alone; I wasn't privy to anything until after the will was all signed - and I'm glad he did that...like you I was sure there would be no question of any impropriety at all; and thankfully we did it that way because there WAS a family member who did contest some things when my Mom passed (sadly my own daughter) - with everything on the up and up from the get go we had nothing to worry about.

Totally agree with your point about it being drawn up by an attorney
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What Do You Charge For An Estate Planning Package in CA? - VenturaCA on 6/10/21 10:45am
 Re: What Do You Charge For An Estate Planning Package in CA? -  Yoli/CA on 6/10/21 2:14pm
 Re: Unless an attorney has drawn these up - Carolyn Bodley on 6/10/21 3:41pm
 Re: What Do You Charge For An Estate Planning Package in CA? - Jules on 6/10/21 5:01pm
 Jules, only 2 witnesses for CA Wills n/m - rengel/CA on 6/10/21 11:40pm
 Re: What Do You Charge For An Estate Planning Package in CA? - NVLSlady/VA on 6/10/21 5:36pm
 FWIW wills CAN be notarized in VA (not required) - NVLSlady/VA on 6/10/21 5:39pm
 Re: FWIW wills CAN be notarized in VA (not required) - Carolyn Bodley on 6/10/21 6:00pm
 Most Wills & POA's that I've seen require notarization -  MW/VA on 6/11/21 9:56am
 It's a state-specific issue.... - Linda_H/FL on 6/11/21 11:07am
 Re: I personally believe all wills/POAs should be prepared - Carolyn Bodley on 6/11/21 8:29pm
 Wow Carolyn...that horrible! - Linda_H/FL on 6/11/21 8:58pm
 Re: Wow Carolyn...that horrible! - Carolyn Bodley on 6/11/21 9:29pm
 Re: Wow Carolyn...that horrible! - Signerbill on 6/12/21 9:46am
 Re: After working with attorneys for - Carolyn Bodley on 6/11/21 9:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.