Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Situation
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 9/23/21 9:32am Msg #635314
Unbelievable...well, it's believable and the 2nd time this month this was asked from me from 2 different title cos.

I picked up a 2-page Quit Claim Deed to be signed from tile.

No problem...I call, and now he has no 2nd witness and he is a truck driver passing through.

I let the title company know it will have to be rescheduled, and they tell me they will be the "2nd witness" when they get it back.
(me) " No, I can't do that, that's not legal".

(title)"Well, can you find someone in the parking lot at the Publix?"

(me)"No, not my job (especially for that fee), if the signer wants to that is fine, I am not approaching strangers to do that." He already told me he doesn't care and not finding a witness.

Then I get the sob and stern story about how hard he is to reach as a truck driver, it HAS to be done today, yada yada, not my problem, so they took it back upset finding a compliant notary who will be pressured into it.

I am glad that actually happened. Timing a truck driver on the road to meet in a parking lot at a certain time passing through is recipe for disaster.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Situation - Luckydog on 9/23/21 9:32am
 Re: Situation - Carolyn Bodley on 9/23/21 10:11am
 I've often met people at a public place like Panera Bread & -  MW/VA on 9/23/21 10:11am
 Re: Situation - Bear900/CA on 9/23/21 11:11am
 Oops - Bear900/CA on 9/23/21 11:15am
 Re: Situation - Luckydog on 9/23/21 2:53pm
 Re: Any chance this title is in NC? Lol... - Acorns/PA on 9/23/21 5:08pm
 Re: Any chance this title is in NC? Lol... - Luckydog on 9/24/21 9:20am
 Re: Situation - SteveS/CA on 9/26/21 11:39am
 Re: Situation - Luckydog on 9/26/21 1:56pm
 Re: Situation n/m -  Yoli/CA on 9/26/21 3:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.