Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Mobile phone went MIA yesterday
Posted by Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/16/21 10:22amMsg #635663
I'm prietty I'm not alone in this.

My mobile phone sprouted legs and hid from me for about two hours. Talk about PANIC!

I had two closings in the after noon and had a number of errands to run before I headed out, car service, renewHonda registration at AAA. gas up and go back home to have a healthy salad lunch.

I run into the house and scan the receipt and renewed registration, put the sticker on my license plate, file the original and put scanned copy into my auto file, go to the garden and pick my salad makings, come back into the house. Uh, ohoh where's the phone.

Convinced I had left it at the Auto Club, I raced back down there to retrieve it. NOPE, no one found it, but they will call me if it turns up.

I run back home. I have 15 minutes to find this #$@#ing phone, I am saying to myself, calm down, take it easy, you can't leave without it. It's our leash in this business.

I retrace my steps, and suddenly, it rings, it's a job offer where no man dares to tread in a wildfire on Friday afternoon on the 101, even though the roads are open finally.

The phone was resting quietly, incognito next to my Keurig, blending with its camouflage environment. Had it not rung, I'd still be mystified. By now I have no time to make my healthy salad for lunch and grab a banana, apple, and trail mix as a substitute, and hit the road. I have just enough time to get to my appointments. I'm really upset with this event, and vow to never let my phone out of my sight ever again.

Made it to both signings, dropped documents at UPS, went to the bank, and joined my notary associate/partner for dinner at her house to strategize for next week's signings, which will be extremely busy. I was telling her about this fiasco, and she laughed, but it was not funny. I was really upset with myself!

I'm thinking of placing velcro on my forehead and placing the phone there where I can always find it.e

And, I will be handsfree.

Anyone else have your mobile phone go missing?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Mobile phone went MIA yesterday - Cheryl Elliott on 10/16/21 10:22am
 Re: My VOIP service helps me find my phone. Day after day... -  OR on 10/16/21 11:08am
 I love the find my phone feature for this. - ananotary on 10/16/21 11:39am
 Re: Mobile phone went MIA yesterday - Ellen The Notary on 10/16/21 2:51pm
 Re: Mobile phone went MIA yesterday - pdl/cali on 10/16/21 4:04pm
 Lanyard ... Easy fix n/m -  Yoli/CA on 10/16/21 5:36pm
 They now sell "tiles" for exactly this reason! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 10/16/21 4:30pm
 Re: So fortunate I live a very boring life n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 10/17/21 6:50am
 Frustrated iPhone user - NVLSlady/VA on 10/19/21 1:47pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.