Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: In Iowa only the Secretary of State can do apostilles.
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 5/10/22 10:56am Msg #639977
I've read on the internet about notaries who "do" apostilles. What they mean is they expedite the process of getting the appropriate state office to apply the apostille to a document. This might include receiving a paper document from the client, checking it over for obvious problems, walking it over to the appropriate government office, and sending the finished document wherever the client wants it sent.

I have never considered doing this because it doesn't seem practical unless one is located close to the government office that issues apostilles. For me, it would be the Secretary of State's office in Montpelier, Vermont. That's about a two hour drive each way, so it just wouldn't be practical.

Come to think of it, since one doesn't have to be a notary to help with apostilles, I could just as well go to the New York capital in Albany, but that also is about a two hour trip each way.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 apostilles - PATTY/NV on 5/9/22 7:35pm
 In Iowa only the Secretary of State can do apostilles. n/m - Colonel/IA on 5/10/22 10:14am
 Re: In Iowa only the Secretary of State can do apostilles. - VT_Syrup on 5/10/22 10:56am
 Re: In Iowa only the Secretary of State can do apostilles. -  JanetK_CA on 5/10/22 5:39pm
 Same in Ohio. the notarization can be either... -  Roger_OH on 5/10/22 11:12pm
 Re: In Iowa only the Secretary of State can do apostilles. - VT_Syrup on 5/11/22 9:25am
 Re: apostilles -  Doris_CO on 5/10/22 11:54am
 Re: apostilles - Michelle/AL on 5/10/22 6:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.