Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Mailing of Notary Commission Packet
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 5/17/22 9:43am Msg #640096
I don't know if SOS notary department staff is working from the office yet or still working from home. Last week I did inquire about apostille handling. When I first called, I was on hold for at least 24 minutes. Then, I called back and left my name and phone number and waiting for a call back, which didn't take very long.

I was informed the process at both Sacramento and Los Angeles was to drop off the notarized document in the lobby in the provided envelope. They also provide an instruction sheet where the consumer gives instruction as to whether s/he will pick up upon completion or whether the SOS will mail to XXXX address. Consumer is to provide contact information and $26 check or money order (no cash). If picking up, expect to be contacted in roughly 10 days and pick up will between 2 and 2:30 pm. Note: pick up is NOT available in the LA office.

All this plus Cathy/CA's experience, leads me to believe that the CA SOS notary department is short-staffed as are most business these days. Sorry you had this harrowing experience, Cathy. Unfortunately, guess we should all expect it to be pretty much a way of life here on out and plan accordingly (give ourselves plenty of time when renewing or ordering whatever).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Mailing of Notary Commission Packet -  Cathy/CA on 5/13/22 2:36pm
 Re: Mailing of Notary Commission Packet -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/13/22 8:33pm
 Re: Mailing of Notary Commission Packet -  Yoli/CA on 5/14/22 12:26pm
 Re: Mailing of Notary Commission Packet -  Cathy/CA on 5/16/22 11:18pm
 Re: Mailing of Notary Commission Packet -  Yoli/CA on 5/17/22 9:43am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.