Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

CA Apostille request process painfully slow.
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 5/25/22 1:44pm Msg #640250
On April 12, 2022 I mailed an apostille request, making sure envelope was properly and clearly addressed and proper postage affixed. I took it to the counter for safe passage.

I figure it made it to the SOS in Sacramento at least by April 18.

The POA is for the sale of property in Nicarauga. Thentransaction is not urgent. There is no buyer yet.

I have been calling SOS and been told they had no record of receipt. My check was never cashed. I was ready to drive to Sacramento and drop off another copy, ck and SASE spend the night and pickup the next day.

Called today. Learned it was completed and mailed back out to me 5 days ago.

The SOS clerk told me that the post office loses 40% of mailed envelopes. Guess I got lucky. I usually go FEDEX or UPS.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 CA Apostille request process painfully slow. -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/22 1:44pm
 Re: CA Apostille request process painfully slow. - Linda_H/FL on 5/25/22 1:59pm
 Re: CA Apostille request process painfully slow. -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/22 2:23pm
 Re: CA Apostille request process painfully slow. - PaigeTurner on 5/25/22 5:19pm
 Re: CA Apostille request process painfully slow. -  Expeditor on 5/27/22 9:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.