Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that
Posted by grapebed of MO on 6/26/22 2:19pm Msg #641068
I think the past few months have been quite challenging for the signing business. So I stand by my comments. I don't like to see newbies suffer and be desperate for business. Putting food on the table is serious stuff. Deception is depiscable.There is a lot of it out there in our biz. Snake oil salesmen The experienced notaries can take care of themselves.

Thank you for looking at my web site. I have no web development skills. It is a custom site using PHP, built by a professional web developer. PHP uses 'scripting language that is embedded in HTML. Bottom line, I can't make changes on my own. Having a "custom" site was a huge mistate. I have to rely upon a smart, but irresponsible 26 "kid" for everything related to the web site. It has been painful to attempt to work with him just to make minor web site changes. So I essentially gave up on him and the site long ago.

During the month of July ( while I am in Maine), I have hired someone to build a new "non-custom" Word Press site whereby I can easily make changes. And anyone with web skills could assist with the site.

I became a notary in 2008 ( but not for a living) and a signing agent in 2013 ( approximately) , as the economy started to improve. There was a time period where fees were higher and volume was good. But I did not enjoy being a mobile loan signing agent. I found it demeaning and hated being dispected by SS/TC. I did do a lot of "in-house" work for a local title company handling over flo, vacations, eom, etc. That was a great gig.

But I left the biz. And returned 5 years ago with the goal of only doing GNW. I made that a firm business decision. No wiggle room. For me personally, it was the right decision. I stay connected a bit to Amrock cuz it is the most technologically advanced company out there.They are phenominal. Picky? Yes.

No, I don't "advertise" one bit for loan signing business. I don't want loan signing business. It is listed as one item in a long list of services. It is meant to be more of modest "credential" to make the visitor aware of my background. SS/TC's, etc rarely look at notary web sites. The notary goes to the SS/TC and signs up to be on a list of approved signing agents.

I am not on anyone's list except Amrock ( and perhaps Bancserv).

Thanks again for examining my web site. I hope you will like the new site. It should be ready by mid-august.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that - grapebed on 6/25/22 5:51pm
 Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that -  Yoli/CA on 6/26/22 1:05pm
 Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that - grapebed on 6/26/22 2:19pm
 Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that - pdl/cali on 6/26/22 2:37pm
 Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that - grapebed on 6/26/22 2:59pm
 Re: If the largest online/refi lender in the USA, says that - SteveS/CA on 6/28/22 3:42pm
 I won't bother to do a $125 paper closing, with 250 pages - grapebed on 6/28/22 7:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.