Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I just could not accept this 1-day safe deposit assignment.
Posted by grapebed of MO on 9/28/22 5:20pm Msg #642532
I got a call to do a one-day safe-deposit drill assignment for a local bank. The vaults were located in the windowless, airless, dark, dank, dusty confines of the bank's basements.

The job would not require the use of a single brain cell.

Pay was terrible. But just as important, I just did not think I could stay awake for 6 straight hours in a stuffy bank vault. As it is I am having trouble staying awake during a 15-minute RON in the comfort of my home office. So, I passed. No regrets.

Instead, I picked up a one-day assignment for a new construction home builder. Better pay. Clean, modern and airy office environment. At the end of the day (last Friday), they fired 8 or 9 employees. No warning. But the employees would have to be brain dead not to know that the layoffs were looming. The pay range of those fired was in the range of $125,000 to $250,000. $700,000 was the average new construction home price. They all banked good money in 2020, 2021 and in to 2022. They each received fully paid health insurance for 6 months, accelerated stock options, 6 weeks pay for every full year of service and job-hunting assistance.

Everyone was a marketing genius when rates were at 3.0%. The reality of 7.4% mortgage rates really bites. The situation is totally hopeless.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I just could not accept this 1-day safe deposit assignment. - grapebed on 9/28/22 5:20pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.