Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements
Posted by  Yoli/CA of CA on 11/20/22 10:37amMsg #643429
Perhaps I'm misinterpreting your post saying, "They asked for signatures, to make sure they match with the signatures on mainly the DOT, but all critical notarized documents. I sent them the entire entries, because this needs to close without a hitch and I over killed it." Sounds to me like you gave them more than they requested (in writing).

I understand times are lean insofar as signings (for most of us) and we're all trying to keep our clients. However, that's not an excuse for ignoring our notary laws. From the 2022 California Notary Handbook:

"A notary public must respond within 15 business days after the receipt of a written request
from any member of the public for a copy of a transaction in the notary public journal by
supplying either a photostatic copy of a line item from the notary public’s journal or an
acknowledgment that no such line item exists. The written request shall include the name of
the parties, the type of document, and the month and year in which the document was notarized.
The cost to provide the requested information must not exceed thirty cents ($0.30) per page.
(Government Code sections 8206(c) and 8206.5)"

Please correct me if I'm wrong with the above interpretation. I know a seasoned notary, such as yourself, would never knowingly violate our notary laws -- just like we would never back-date or pre-date our notarial certs.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Hard $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/18/22 12:54am
 Re: Hard $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Yoli/CA on 11/18/22 9:13am
 PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/18/22 7:58pm
 Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Yoli/CA on 11/20/22 10:37am
 Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/20/22 4:32pm
 Yoli, you are correct in your interpretation. - ananotary on 11/20/22 8:39pm
 Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/20/22 11:18pm
 Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements -  Yoli/CA on 11/21/22 10:19am
 Re: PRIVATE $$ loan Lender Requirements - NVLSlady/MD on 11/21/22 12:02pm
 You made yourself clear. - ananotary on 11/21/22 6:08pm
 Very common and I get this request often for hard money - ananotary on 11/18/22 9:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.