Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Yearend 1031 scrambles profitable
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/4/22 1:29pm Msg #643554
In early November I received a call to meet with a seller to sign an addemdum to the sale agreement by the broker. Trying to close by mid month. I was paid by broker. They found me on SAdotcom. Turns out the seller has no internet or PC to print, sign and scan back the one page document.

A week later the broker called me again. This time it is nine pages. I meet the seller at a truck stop cafe before he goes to work. 6:30am.

The next call I get is for 16 pages, all different than previous documents. Again, I send docs via Genius Scan.

A few days later, I get a call to meet the seller to sign the seller's side settlement agreement. We sign, I sent it back via Genius Scan. Time is of the essence.

Next day I get a text that there are last minute changes to the settlement agreement. We are now in a new month and broker is asking seller to collect prorated rents AFTER closing. Seller blows up. How is he to collect rent on a property he no longer he owns in another county?

I will only know it finally closes when I receive a check for numerous meetups.

It was the most profitable 1031 exchange I have ever signed! Seller's wife thinks he is meeting another woman all this time so early in the mornings. He laughs cuz they have been married 46 years.

Gotta love this biz! We never know where opportunity lurks!

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Yearend 1031 scrambles profitable -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/22 1:29pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.