Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking
Posted by Alz of CA on 3/10/23 8:17pm Msg #644708
back I could have been a bit more straightforward and truthful. I promise you; this will not be a dissertation. but here it is…..

The other day, I completed a signing for a newer type of client. I had only conducted two signings previously and it was a “hurry up and rush to get it done” type of scenario. Assignment was scheduled and conduced for 9:00am and of course the entire packaged had to be scanned, emailed, and overnighted the same day. Now, minded you, I live/work 90 minutes round trip. No problem, I can do. That’s why they paid me the big bucks. (;

This time the buyers of the prior two signings requested me. Yea! Mister wanted to sign at 9:00am, as we had before. Unfortunately, escrow officer/assistant said that lender wouldn’t have documents available until the afternoon of the signings. Buyers and I agreed that an ETA text would be sent after receiving, printing, and reviewing the documents. Additionally, I was told by the EO/EA that it was okay to scan, email, and ship documents the following morning. Consequently, executed documents were scanned and emailed that night and dropped the next day. As a note, the signing began at 3:45pm. Same location as the prior signings.

As consequence, I received an email at 5:00pm the next day, asking where the documents were. What happened, etc.? What? The What? Amnesia maybe? I wrote a response that I didn’t send because I got a little heated and opted to write and send a different response. Saying, “due to the lateness of the signing, traffic, etc., documents could not be shipped the same day”.

What would you have done? Diplomacy or the truth? IMJS

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - Alz on 3/10/23 8:17pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - aanotary on 3/10/23 9:42pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking -  JanetK_CA on 3/10/23 10:09pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - SteveS/CA on 3/11/23 2:02am
 Along the same lines--what would you do about this? - Lee/AR on 3/11/23 7:46am
 Re: Along the same lines--what would you do about this? -  Yoli/CA on 3/11/23 10:23am
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - VT_Syrup on 3/11/23 8:17am
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/23 10:48am
 Postivity, diplomacy always -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/12/23 11:28am
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - pdl/cali on 3/12/23 5:38pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking -  JanetK_CA on 3/12/23 7:09pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - Amigoaz on 3/12/23 9:18pm
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking - SteveS/CA on 3/13/23 9:11am
 Re: I used what I thought was diplomacy, but perhaps looking -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/13/23 11:13am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.