Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Notaries to You, Are they a good company?
Posted by Shirley/CA of ? on 11/24/04 8:59am Msg #11978
They may be a "good company" as long as everything is going their way. But in my opinion the real test of a good company is how they handle things when there is a problem. I did 3 signings for them a few months ago. The first two had no problems. But on the third their was an issue with the borrowers ID. I called the title company and they said it would be ok to notarize the borrower per her ID with no middle initial. So I crossed it off in the notary block. A few days later this SS asked me to go back to the borrower as a grant deed had been omitted from the original package. The grant deed was from the wife to her and her husband. On this doc there was no middle initial so no issue with the ID. A few more days pass and Robin from NTY calls and says that they need a new acknowledgment for the grant deed. The reason given was that "somebody crossed something out". I told her I didn't think we were supposed to do that and that I didn't remember crossing anything out on the grant deed. She asked me how many loans I had done...said that sending in acks is just what we have to do in this business...that she gets requests all the time because sometimes her stamp is too light or too dark. I said ok but then I called the title co. to try and find out exactly was wrong so I could correct it. Didn't get an answer. I called the recorders office to see if a cross out would cause rejection. They said no. I called the SOS and they said don't do it. I posted here and Sylvia said don't do it. So I called back and told Robin that I couldn't send it in. She said we could fax you a copy of the deed. I said that would help. But then she said do you want to talk to the owner? (as if I were being unreasonable) I said yes I would. Sherry got on the phone and said This is Sherry and I'm the owner of this company and I just want to tell you why I will NEVER use you again. She said that she had been pleased with my work up until now. I said Can you just tell me exactly what is the error, which deed? She said Robin explained it you 17 times. Don't interrupt me. She continued to ball me out telling me that I needed to educate myself. ID doesn't have to be verbatim. That she was loosing her client because of me...on and on...and then hung up on me. I couldn't believe it. So after more than 30 days had passed and I hadn't received payment on any of the signings I had done I decided to call. Sherry answered so I asked what their payment schedule was. She said every two weeks. When I gave info on the signings and she started to remember who I was. She was very rude saying one had been paid, no record of the problem one. Then she said oh that one. I am NOT paying you for that. You did NOT complete that signing. Bla bla bla. Very rude. So I faxed in all the confirmations and she sent payment for two of them. Please note here according to her regular pay schedule those would have been paid a couple of pay periods ago. Apparently she withheld payment on all because she was angry.
So what do you think? Is this a good company? I would have corrected any error had I been given the opportunity. Even if I did something wrong she could have explained the error and her position. But she didn't. She balled me out. Told me not to interrupt her when I tried to ask for details. And hung up on me. Then held payment for all my signings not just the problematic one.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notaries to You, Are they a good company? - Avis Davis on 11/23/04 4:15pm
 Re: Notaries to You, Are they a good company? - calipat/ca on 11/23/04 4:39pm
 Re: Notaries to You, Are they a good company? - mack/ca on 11/23/04 10:54pm
 Thanks!!!! - Avis Davis on 11/23/04 11:24pm
 Re: Notaries to You, Are they a good company? - Shirley/CA on 11/24/04 8:59am
 is this in cali? - Theresa/ca on 11/26/04 1:26am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.