Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Brother 5840
Posted by Barbara Matthews of OH on 5/13/05 6:22pm Msg #37622
When my old scanner finally died, I looked into replacing it with a real fax machine. Since I have been quite pleased with my Brother HL-1440 laser printer, my research took me to the Brother website. I decided that their MFC-7820N was just the MFC to meet all of my needs. Because it was new, I had to wait several weeks before it was available at the retail stores, but I am very glad that I was patient. It's a 5-in1 machine: stand alone 33.6k fax with 35pp auto doc.feeder, 20ppm b&w copier & laser printer with 32mb memory, 2400x600 dpi flatbed scanner and pc fax. The attractive feature for this unit at this price range is that the connection is either ethernet or USB 2.0. The street price is around $350 before a $50. rebate. If I have one complaint about this unit, it' that there is not a substantial output tray (like on my HL-1440 the printjob ejects and rests on top of the unit) so you have to watch large print jobs that they don't jam or fall off of the the little plastic, fold out paper support. Otherwise, I have been very pleased with its performance and features. While I didn't really need to replace my copier or laser printer, the all-in-one machine and increased print speed was enough to make me upgrade for the money. Hope this helps anyone looking into a printer or MFC purchase.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Brother 5840 - Charisma_CA on 5/13/05 3:27pm
 Re: Brother 5840 - Charisma_CA on 5/13/05 3:30pm
 Re: Brother 5840 - Barbara Matthews on 5/13/05 6:22pm
 Re: Brother 5840 - LINDA POHLERT on 5/13/05 7:46pm
 Re: Brother 5840 - Victoria/FL on 5/14/05 7:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.