Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: What a bunch of BS!
Posted by HisHughness of TX on 5/31/19 10:35am Msg #72519
If we expect men to father, rather than simply be wallets, then we need to treat them as fathers from the very beginning. And if we wish to treat women as fully functional adults, responsible for the consequences of their own decisions, then we need to treat them as such. As it stands now in most jurisdictions, fathers are not even entitled to know that they ARE fathers. Generally, it is only when we want them to serve as wallets that they are entitled to notice that they are parents.

Women's advocates want to ignore that, once a woman is pregnant, it is not just HER body that is impacted by her decisions, but another incipient person. Whether that incipient person has a soul, as some religious zealots would contend, or has rights, as some ideologues argue, is immaterial to the undeniable fact that a zygote is a developing human being and the parties responsible for its creation have responsibilities toward that entity. The female obviously has greater responsibilities during gestation and the nurturing immediately after birth, but she knew this when conception occurred. If she was not willing to accept that then she should not have consented to sex.

Please note, before the inevitable "gotchas!" drop, that all of my remarks have applied to consensual sex.

The principle is quite simple, though: If we really want fathers to father, then let them father from the very beginning.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 She got exactly what she deserved - Moneyman/TX on 5/25/19 7:30am
 Re: She got exactly what she deserved - MikeC/TX on 5/25/19 5:25pm
 Re: She got exactly what she deserved - Moneyman/TX on 5/26/19 8:51pm
 BINGO! n/m - bagger on 5/27/19 8:13am
 nothing to do with entitlement. while I wouldn't have done - sigtogo/OR on 5/26/19 10:15pm
 What a bunch of BS! - bagger on 5/27/19 8:16am
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - MikeC/TX on 5/28/19 7:34pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - HisHughness on 5/29/19 1:07pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - MikeC/TX on 5/29/19 6:37pm
 I usually stay out of this room...but - Linda_H/FL on 5/31/19 9:31am
 Guess I should have finished..lol - Linda_H/FL on 5/31/19 9:33am
 Re: Guess I should have finished..lol - MikeC/TX on 6/2/19 5:24pm
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - HisHughness on 5/31/19 10:35am
 Re: What a bunch of BS! - bagger on 5/31/19 2:31pm
 I agree with Hugh. n/m - desktopfull on 6/17/19 11:03am
 Oh, where to begin? - bagger on 5/31/19 2:24pm
 Re: Oh, where to begin? - MikeC/TX on 6/2/19 7:20pm
 Re: nothing to do with entitlement. while I wouldn - Moneyman/TX on 6/6/19 7:51am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.