Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: What is your opinion? Do you Agree or Disagree?
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 7/13/19 5:26pm Msg #72649
I would agree - the SPLC seems to have lost its focus in recent years and is labeling everyone they don't agree with as a "hate group". The KKK, neo-nazis, white supremacists - yeah, they have a point there, those are violent groups with an agenda based on hate. But just because a group expresses an opinion opposing gay marriage or criticizes radical Islam? That's crossing a line.

Personally, I have no problem with gay marriage or with LBGTQ people. Neither has any affect on me or my life. I disagree with those that oppose them, but that's their opinion and they're entitled to it as long as they don't do so violently. I have no problem with Muslims and I appreciate those Muslims who speak out against radicalization. It doesn't make any sense to me why the SPLC would label two Muslims who are anti-radicalization as "haters". Doesn't that suggest that the SPLC is FOR radicalized Islam?

Earlier this year, Morris Dees was ousted and Richard Cohen resigned amid allegations of sexual and racial harassment, and new leadership was brought on board to review practices. Maybe that will get them back on course. I guess we'll see, but I've been taking what the SPLC says with a large grain of salt for a while now.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 What is your opinion? Do you Agree or Disagree? - Moneyman/TX on 7/13/19 3:53pm
 Re: What is your opinion? Do you Agree or Disagree? - MikeC/TX on 7/13/19 5:26pm
 This is Scary: Mike & Chris agreeing a lot lately! n/m -  Amigoaz on 7/13/19 8:40pm
 It happens more often than you think - MikeC/TX on 7/14/19 6:43pm
 Re: It happens more often than you think - bagger on 7/15/19 8:34am
 Re: This is Scary: Mike & Chris agreeing a lot lately! - bagger on 7/15/19 10:09am
 Re: This is Scary: Mike & Chris agreeing a lot lately! - MikeC/TX on 7/15/19 5:14pm
 Re: This is Scary: Mike & Chris agreeing a lot lately! - bagger on 7/16/19 12:07am
 Yes, Mike is correct. - Moneyman/TX on 7/30/19 6:11am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.