Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Maybe Congress doesn
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 5/14/19 5:15pm Msg #72480
"I always start with the premise that ALL politicians are dirty self serving - fill in the blank.
They are not to be trusted."

I can't argue with you there - if they're not that way when they first get into office, they soon become that way.

"In the second place, responsible media outlet is an oxymoron."

That I disagree with - there's a difference between news and editorial. The starkest example of that is Fox News, where their news arm is quite good but their editorial arm - the talking heads like Hannity, Ingraham, Carlson, etc. - have a clear right-wing bias. NBC's news reporting is also very good, but MSNBC is primaily an editorial arm and shows a liberal bias with a smattering of actual reporting. You have to be aware of which arm you're listening to.

All mainstream media outlets follow journalistic standards when reporting the news; there are no standards for opinion. So if you read the NY Times or the Wall Street Journal, read the news articles and avoid anything that says "Opinion" or "Analysis" or "Editorial", because that's where the bias comes in.

The same cannot be said for the fringe media outlets such as Daily Caller, Infowars, etc. They frequenlty mix news and opinion in the same article, and sometimes they just make stuff up. Those are the ones I don't trust, because they're pushing an agenda disguised as news.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Maybe Congress doesn't need Mnuchin's help - MikeC/TX on 5/8/19 5:29pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - shooterclay on 5/8/19 7:55pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/9/19 6:52pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - shooterclay on 5/9/19 7:29pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/11/19 5:29pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - bagger on 5/10/19 9:11am
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/11/19 6:25pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - bagger on 5/10/19 3:21am
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/11/19 7:07pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - bagger on 5/12/19 7:23am
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/13/19 5:45pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - bagger on 5/14/19 7:31am
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/14/19 5:15pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - shooterclay on 5/14/19 3:25pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - MikeC/TX on 5/14/19 5:16pm
 Re: Maybe Congress doesn - shooterclay on 5/15/19 3:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.