Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations...
Posted by Moneyman/TX of TX on 7/7/19 9:30am Msg #72604
Here is a non-partisan accounting --

"How US presidents throughout history have celebrated the Fourth of July"
http://www.stripes.com/news/us/how-us-presidents-throughout-history-have-celebrated-the-fourth-of-july-1.588810

"The only President who ever tried to get involved in the celebration of the 4th was Nixon..."
The "only" one? Not according to the link above Mike.

"Independence Day has NEVER been about the military."
"NEVER" --- Wrong again Mike.

"The US has NEVER had a military parade in our Capitol ..."
Drum roll please .... Third major point is also inaccurate, Mike.

I'm not trying to sound like a total azz, Mike. It just seems that your post may have come from a limited and 100% partisan source such as one of the opinion shows on either CNN or MSNBC. Flipping thru the various left/right wing "news" outlets myself, I heard every one of your arguments, almost verbatim, at one time or another on both of those outlets myself. Regardless of exactly where you got your information, Mike, as you can see, a simple Google search produces a single link with non-partisan information that shows your source(s) didn't even do the basics of their job before spouting off using incorrect information as the basis for their "facts".

My irritation is actually more with those one sided outlets than you, Mike. I couldn't even make it through 15 min of a recent Rachel Maddow show because although she (obviously) accidentally stated the truth about the subject she was ranting about, she immediately caught herself (it was visible the moment she did) and proceeded to spend the next several minutes lying about the issue in such a way so that she could falsely reinforce her belief that the GOP is a special kind of evil. I was going to link that here but MSNBC doesn't seem to be able to play that video on it's own RM site, just a blank screen (I will just leave that information right there for you to draw your own conclusion about MSNBC and RM's level of honesty). For me, I no longer consider her even a half way decent fully left wing partisan source. I will not even bother wasting my time on her as any kind of allowable source for anything.

It didn't start with Trump and Fox, but I have a rule for myself regardless of the source (Fox, Cnn, MSNBC, online right/left wing outlet, etc) Before I am allowed to post or reply to others posts I have to Google the info and look at several reports so that between all of those sources, as well as the original one, the actual truth about the subject can be better understood. That's just my own rule.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Can't wait for Trump's July 4th military parade - MikeC/TX on 7/2/19 4:48pm
 Re: Can - bagger on 7/3/19 6:53am
 Re: Can - MikeC/TX on 7/3/19 6:57pm
 Re: Can - bagger on 7/4/19 9:51am
 I thought it was a good celebration of patriotism and values - Lee/AR on 7/5/19 6:24am
 Re: I thought it was a good celebration of patriotism and values - bagger on 7/5/19 7:43am
 Re: I thought it was a good celebration of patriotism and values - shooterclay on 7/5/19 5:33pm
 Re: I thought it was a good celebration of patriotism and values - MikeC/TX on 7/5/19 7:26pm
 Re: Can - MikeC/TX on 7/5/19 6:54pm
 Re: Can -  JanetK_CA on 7/6/19 2:51pm
 Re: Can - bagger on 7/7/19 11:57am
 Re: Can - MikeC/TX on 7/7/19 6:52pm
 Re: Can - bagger on 7/8/19 8:26am
 Re: Can - MikeC/TX on 7/8/19 7:05pm
 Re: Can - bagger on 7/9/19 7:20am
 Re: Can - MikeC/TX on 7/10/19 4:51pm
 To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - Moneyman/TX on 7/7/19 9:30am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - bagger on 7/7/19 11:55am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - MikeC/TX on 7/7/19 4:20pm
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - bagger on 7/8/19 5:34am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - MikeC/TX on 7/7/19 4:33pm
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - bagger on 7/8/19 5:12am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - bagger on 7/8/19 8:03am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - MikeC/TX on 7/10/19 5:30pm
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - Moneyman/TX on 7/12/19 6:58am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - MikeC/TX on 7/12/19 6:09pm
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - bagger on 7/15/19 9:45am
 Re: To correct the record on past Prez/4th celebrations... - MikeC/TX on 7/15/19 5:22pm
 Just an an addendum to some of your comments - MikeC/TX on 7/8/19 6:24pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.