Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I don
Posted by bagger of IL on 11/21/18 10:18amMsg #72187
When Trump (and I) went to school (50's, 60's and 70's) we had Smokey the bear telling us "Only YOU can prevent forest fires. it was stop all fires, period.
That thinking changed in the mid 70's. It became what many believed was sound forest management, thinning out the scrub trees.

For decades, traditional forest management was scientific and successful – that is until ideological, preservationist zealots wormed their way into government and began the 40-year overhaul of sound federal forest management through abuse of the Endangered Species Act and the no-use movement.

Traditional forest management had simple guidelines: thin the forest when it becomes too difficult to walk through; too many trees in the woods will compete with one another, because the best trees will grow at a slower rate.

The U.S. Forest Service used to be a profitable federal agency, McClintock said. “Up until the mid-1970s, we managed our National Forests according to well-established and time-tested forest management practices.”

Then everything changed, especially in CA.

“But 40 years ago, we replaced these sound management practices with what can only be described as a doctrine of benign neglect,” McClintock said. “Ponderous, Byzantine laws and regulations administered by a growing cadre of ideological zealots in our land management agencies promised to “save the environment.” The advocates of this doctrine have dominated our law, our policies, our courts and our federal agencies ever since.”

Today, only privately managed forests are maintained through the traditional forest management practices: thinning, cutting, clearing, prescribed burns, and the disposal of the resulting woody waste.

Reference http://canadafreepress.com/article/california-wildfires-caused-by-radical-environmentalists-not-climate-change
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I don't know if it is still taught -  canotaryhere on 11/20/18 9:56am
 My switch flips from - Bear900/CA on 11/20/18 11:43am
 Re: I don - MikeC/TX on 11/20/18 6:54pm
 Re: I don - bagger on 11/21/18 10:18am
 Re: I don -  JanetK_CA on 11/27/18 1:36am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.