Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: "I am the chosen one"
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/22/19 7:06pm Msg #72799
"He answered over 40 IMPROMPTU questions in 40 minutes.
His predecessor couldn't answer 5 scripted questions in an hour.
Why?"

40 questions in 40 minutes? Really? There wasn't that number of questions asked, you're just making that up. Trump rambles on and on, repeating himself several times and usually going off on a tangent. He cuts off the questions and tells reporters to be quiet. His answers tended to be a word salad that made little sense, and in some cases contained lies. He has done this all his life with the press - talk fast, dance around the edges of a question, promote himself, confuse the issue or change the subject. THAT is the Trump those of us from NY became familiar with years ago - he likes to hear himself talk, but you'll never get a straight answer from him and you can't trust anything that comes out of his mouth. We thought the rest of you would eventually realize this, but we over-estimated the critical thinking abilities of the American public.

Obama didn't say the first thing that came to mind - he took his time answering questions, making sure he was clear about what he was saying. And those questions weren't scripted - they were just as impromptu as what is being thrown at Trump.

"And keep hoping, praying and pushing that recession agenda, it's the left's only hope."

No one is hoping, praying, or pushing for a recession. That's a false idea being spread by Trump sycophants. The reality is that the economy is signaling that a recession MAY be coming in 6-12 months. If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend everything will be fine, knock yourself out - you can stand there right next to the climate-change deniers...

A recession is not needed to defeat Trump in 2020 - he's doing a bang-up job on his own so far. His behavior is becoming more and more erratic: wanting to buy Greenland and then canceling a planned state visit when he was rejected. Re-tweeting a nut-job conspiracy theorist who called him the "King of Israel" and the "second coming of God" (aside: Israel doesn't have a king, and Jews are not expecting the second coming of anyone). Saying that American Jews who vote for Democrats are disloyal to Israel. Invoking the name of Henry Ford - a known and virulent anti-Semite - at a speech before autoworkers, AFTER saying that Jews should vote Republican.

It goes on and on... His favorability rating continues to go down; a poll released today had it at 36%, which is close to the level of his hard-core base who think he can do no wrong (of which you appear to be a part). Whether or not we're in a recession next year is not really going to have an impact on the election.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 "I am the chosen one" - MikeC/TX on 8/21/19 4:42pm
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - bagger on 8/22/19 8:59am
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - MikeC/TX on 8/22/19 7:06pm
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - bagger on 8/23/19 6:29am
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - MikeC/TX on 8/23/19 5:00pm
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - bagger on 8/30/19 1:05pm
 Re: "I am the chosen one" - MikeC/TX on 8/31/19 7:18pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.