Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The Big Lie
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 9/8/19 7:10pm Msg #72857
"I think it’s the press that won’t let go of the Alabama hurricane, time to move on. I heard what he said and everyone is just blowing it out of proportion as usual."

I disagree. Trump is the one who won't let go. He keeps tweeting about it, and every one of his tweets is an official statement, so the press will report on them. No one is blowing it out of proportion - he's lying to cover up his mistake because he can never admit that he was wrong.

The NOAA Communications Director - an individual who Trump appointed and who has ZERO science background - released a statement saying that Trump was right and that AL was originally threatened by Dorian. The statement referenced Dorian advisories 15 though 41. You can go and check them on http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/cyclones/ but I'll save you the trouble. On 8/30 at 5 PM ET (advisory #26), the map showed a very tiny slice of the south-eastern part of AL as possibly being affected by the wind. At 11 M on 8/30 (advisory #27), the cone was barely touching the AL border. On 8/31 (advisory #28), the track had changed completely, heading up the east coast. On 9/1, Trump was saying that AL could be hit hard, which was not true.

Nobody s blowing it out of proportion - he made a mistake, possibly because he got bad information, possibly because he just wasn't paying attention - and he refuses to admit he made a mistake. This is the leader you want - someone who cannot be trusted to provide you the facts in an emergency?

"I think it would be interesting if wapo did the same for other politicians"

It might be, but I'm pretty sure that it would be hard to beat 12,000 in 970 days. That's like 12 a day. How do you believe anything this guy says?
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/6/19 5:21pm
 Re: The Big Lie - shooterclay on 9/6/19 8:56pm
 Re: The Big Lie - bagger on 9/7/19 10:38am
 Re: The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/7/19 4:55pm
 Re: The Big Lie - shooterclay on 9/7/19 5:56pm
 Re: The Big Lie - bagger on 9/8/19 6:01am
 Re: The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/8/19 7:15pm
 Re: The Big Lie - bagger on 9/9/19 7:59am
 Re: The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/9/19 6:19pm
 Re: The Big Lie - bagger on 9/13/19 9:41am
 Re: The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/13/19 6:33pm
 Re: The Big Lie - bagger on 9/17/19 11:07am
 Re: The Big Lie - MikeC/TX on 9/8/19 7:10pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.