Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

The fear that drives the GOP
Posted by HisHughness of TX on 9/21/19 12:17pm Msg #72884
A piece today in the on-line NYTimes is a spot-on analysis of contemporary tactics by the Republican Party. In essence, it contends that the GOP is facing essentially a threat to its very existence, and consequently has resorted to the last-gasp measures of authoritarians -- voter disenfranchisement, court manipulation, outright dishonesty -- to try to cement its power. The piece is titled "Why Republicans Play Dirty." It was written by two Harvard political scientists, Steven Somebody and Daniel Somebody. I commend it; it's an excellent exposition of the fear that motivates Republicans today, and that drives Trumpeteers even more. I'm sorry, but I still don't know how to post a link.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The fear that drives the GOP - HisHughness on 9/21/19 12:17pm
 Re: The fear that drives the GOP -  Yoli/CA on 9/21/19 4:25pm
 Thanks Yoli - MikeC/TX on 9/22/19 5:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.