Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Who
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 10/14/19 6:03pm Msg #72938
I think Biden's getting a little ahead of himself here - he has to get elected first.

I watched a show called "The Weekly" the other night - it's from the NYT and is available on Hulu and FX, if you can get either of those. This episode was about Giuliani and described how he did well in his first term as NYC mayor, but in his second term the people really started to sour on him because of the police brutality he was allowing (google "Abner Louima" or "Amadou Diallo"). I lived in NY at the time, and I know he was not well-liked during his final term.

Then came 9/11, and I know he did step up to assume a leadership role, becoming known as "America's Mayor". But he took it too far - he tried to delay the mayoral election that was scheduled for November and remain in office past the end of his term, saying that the city needed him. City Council said no, that's not going to happen. Then he started using 9/11 as a selling point for his consulting businesses.

One of the things "The Weekly" showed was a video clip from the 2008 primaries I wasn't aware of. Biden was running for the nomination on the Dem side, Giuliani running on the GOP side. In the clip, Biden says of Rudy, "Every sentence he says is a noun, a verb, and 9/11".

Giuliani is like Trump - he never forgets an insult. Which could explain his current obsession with digging up dirt about Biden - real or fabricated.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Who'da thunk we'd finally see the day? - HisHughness on 10/14/19 3:50pm
 Re: Who - MikeC/TX on 10/14/19 6:03pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.