Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot.
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/2/21 7:11pm Msg #78294
As I said, I don't know that anything is true other than the fact that he admits being the subject of an FBI investigation and that the target of that investigation is a friend of his.

Subject = they're looking at you for possible involvement.
Target = they believe you are involved and are about to be indicted.

He's a subject, not a target, and none of the other stuff that has been reported since the story broke (some of it really sleazy) has been confirmed by more than a single source, so I'm not saying that any of it is true. He's not helping himself by trying to defend himself against something he hasn't been charged with, because all he's doing is raising more questions.

For instance, in the Carlson interview, he said that you could check his travel records and they would show that he never traveled with this unknown girl. When it comes to reporters, that's like waving a red cape in front of a bull; one of the fact-checkers at WAPO looked into it and found that you CANNOT check his Congressional travel records, because they are not publically available. Neither can you check his private travel records with the airlines or the credit card companies unless you have a warrant. When the reporter checked back with both Gaetz and his office in an attempt to gain access to the records, the reporter didn't get a reply. So now, Matty Big-Mouth has caused more problems for himself: if you're going to say "You can check my records", you should be willing to make those records available to be checked, no?

And since you asked, I rarely watch Fox News and wouldn't watch "Frozen Food" Carlson's show if you held a gun to my head - when I heard about the interview, I searched for the video of it to verify it for myself. Both MSNBC and CNN showed parts of it, but I wanted to see the whole ugly thing, unedited.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - MikeC/TX on 4/1/21 6:18pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - Luckydog on 4/1/21 6:40pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - MikeC/TX on 4/2/21 7:11pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 4/2/21 4:34pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Luckydog on 4/2/21 5:37pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Carolyn Bodley on 4/2/21 11:16pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 12:27am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned -  Mike Goodey on 4/4/21 10:09am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - MikeC/TX on 4/5/21 12:26am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Luckydog on 4/5/21 3:30pm
 Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - bagger on 4/3/21 3:29pm
 Re: Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 5:46pm
 Re: Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - Carolyn Bodley on 4/3/21 6:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.