Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/3/21 12:27am Msg #78298
He has a reputation for being what we used to call a "horn dog", and it may finally be catching up with him. Some of what I've seen reported over the past couple of days about his behavior is really nasty stuff; I won't repeat it here because not all of it is confirmed, but anyone following this story probably knows what I'm referring to.

This is probably not going to end well for him.

Kevin McCarthy says they will strip him of his committee assignments if the allegations turn out to be true, which is really bizarre - that's all you're going to do if he committed statutory rape? At the very least, he should be removed NOW from the Judiciary Committee (at least temporarily, until this is all resolved) because that is the committee that oversees the DOJ, and it's a clear conflict of interest for him to have oversight of a department that is investigating him. If he's cleared, he should immediately get his seat on the committee back. I don't think that sounds unreasonable.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - MikeC/TX on 4/1/21 6:18pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - Luckydog on 4/1/21 6:40pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: Open Mouth, Insert Foot. - MikeC/TX on 4/2/21 7:11pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 4/2/21 4:34pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Luckydog on 4/2/21 5:37pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Carolyn Bodley on 4/2/21 11:16pm
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 12:27am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned -  Mike Goodey on 4/4/21 10:09am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - MikeC/TX on 4/5/21 12:26am
 Re: Matt Gaetz: his communications director just resigned - Luckydog on 4/5/21 3:30pm
 Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - bagger on 4/3/21 3:29pm
 Re: Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - MikeC/TX on 4/3/21 5:46pm
 Re: Wow, once again the "self proclaimed moderate" .... - Carolyn Bodley on 4/3/21 6:55pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.