Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/6/21 5:31pm Msg #78331
You're misreading the sentence, and then arguing about something I didn't say.

It doesn't say they are required to use their DL as ID, it says "...it requires that a mail-in voter using their DL as ID..." - meaning if they CHOOSE to use their DL as ID. Where did you get the idea that I meant it was the only acceptable form of ID?

Also, I did not say that the ID would be visible, so I am not going to argue with you about that either, other than to note that here in TX, the carrier-envelope DOES contain ID information, in coded form. That's how they know you returned the ballot. Once the ballot envelope is removed from the carrier, you can't identify the voter, which is why they check identity BEFORE they open the carrier. I suspect most other states do it the same or similar way to protect the secrecy of the ballot itself.

As far as the DL #itself - yes, I'm aware there are two numbers on our DLs. I would be willing to bet that if you asked 100 people at random, at least half (if not more) couldn't tell you what's on their license.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/1/21 12:50pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim -  JanetK_CA on 4/1/21 9:38pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/2/21 7:19pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Linda_H/FL on 4/4/21 5:18pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/5/21 1:02am
 The ID info will be hidden - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:56am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:45am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/6/21 5:31pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 8:24am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/5/21 5:27am
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - MikeC/TX on 4/6/21 5:37pm
 Re: The new GA voting laws, not exactly what the Dems claim - Moneyman/TX on 4/9/21 8:32am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.