Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: infrastructure
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 4/7/21 9:45pm Msg #78348
SpaceX now has roughly 1,320 Starlink 1.0 satellites in orbit at the moment. SpaceX hopes to have “full connectivity globally” after about 28 Falcon 9 launches. At 60 satellites per launch, that works out to 1,680 satellites. One rocket left today adding to that number. I believe they only have 3-4 more missions until the whole world is linked to the WWW no matter where you are. This has nothing to do with Amazon, and been happening for the past few years with Elon Musk at Kennedy Space Center here in FL.

Of course Biden wants to do fiber optic, wouldn't we all? He cannot do anything practical in budget. So the poor get fiber optic, then we buy them computers and iPads, right? Meanwhile, we sit in an established older section of town and get Spectrum because that's all we have, and they no plans on changing that. This makes 0 sense. Let them go to the library like they have been doing, and if that poor, the cable companies have programs for free or reduced cost and government already subsidized.

"some students didn't have access because their families couldn't afford it."...no kids left without. Here the schools gave them their laptops, signed out to them because they are issued every school year, and Spectrum gave them free wi-fi to the poor who couldn't afford it. I am pretty sure the rest of the country did the same.

So are you telling me that when the internet is worldwide, it will all be free to everyone? Sign me up for that fiber optic...lol The right will never pass that mess.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 infrastructure - Art_MD on 4/7/21 11:24am
 Re: infrastructure - Luckydog on 4/7/21 12:50pm
 Re: infrastructure -  Mike Goodey on 4/7/21 3:16pm
 Re: infrastructure - Luckydog on 4/7/21 4:44pm
 Re: infrastructure - MikeC/TX on 4/7/21 4:48pm
 Re: infrastructure - Luckydog on 4/7/21 9:45pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.