Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Another DeSantis statement that makes you go "hmmm"
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/8/22 5:45pm Msg #80165
According to Fl Gov. DeSantis, until Covid, no one got tested for anything unless they weren't feeling well.

http://www.businessinsider.com/desantis-asked-if-people-got-tested-for-illness-before-covid-19-2022-1

The stupidity behind that statement is mind-boggling. People have been screened for various diseases for years. Cancer screenings are commonplace - colonoscopies, mammograms, pap smears, etc... I myself felt fine until a routine blood test during an annual physical indicated there was a problem, which was later diagnosed as multiple myeloma. Geez, his own wife's breast cancer was detected by a mammogram, even though she was feeling fine and neither she nor her doctor detected a lump.

DeSantis was in defensive mode after it was revealed that the state had a stockpile of about a million Covid-19 tests that have now expired. Is it his fault they expired? Technically, yes - the buck stops here, or it used to before Trump came along and we got into the era of everything that goes wrong is some else's fault. He either wasn't aware of what was going on in his own administration, or he was aware but didn't care.

His excuse - we didn't really need them then. OK, fair point, but why were you sitting on them when other states could have used them? They expired at the end of December when people were already clamoring for home tests - why didn't you start using them before then?

And now this - we never tested before, why should we test now? This brings to mind Trump's demand that the Covid testing be halted because the number of Covid cases was already too high. This is what I call the Ostrich Theory of Medicine - if I don't know about it, it's not really happening.

Using that logic, if you don't get a colonoscopy, you won't get colon cancer. If you don't have a mammogram, you won't have breast cancer. If your doctor doesn't run blood tests, you won't have have a chemical imbalance that might kill you. If you don't pee on a stick, you won't be pregnant.

And this guy thinks he can be the next POTUS. God help us.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Another DeSantis statement that makes you go "hmmm" - MikeC/TX on 1/8/22 5:45pm
 Re: Another DeSantis statement that makes you go "hmmm" - Luckydog on 1/9/22 9:04pm
 Re: Another DeSantis statement that makes you go "hmmm" - MikeC/TX on 1/10/22 6:13pm
 Re: Another DeSantis statement that makes you go "hmmm" - Luckydog on 1/11/22 10:28am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.