Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Follow-up for AFTER you've watched the video linked above
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/12/22 2:16pm Msg #80948
I found this posted in the comments to the above link: youtu.be/xvj3kkSkATk

There are two videos available there that illustrate the damage high-caliber bullets do. The first one shown is from 60 Minutes, with a demonstration comparing different types of bullets shot through a gel. The one below that is a bit more graphic. The clip included is an excerpt, but above it is a link to the full video where various sizes and types of bullets are shot through pork shoulders by an AR-15. [Have to say that my idea of "impressive" is very different than that of the person doing the tests!]

If you can stomach watching the whole video, you'll understand why the damage done to the children at the Uvalde school was described using terms like "shredded", "pulverized" and "decapitated"...

The "right" and the "left" have very different ideas about what the solutions are and I think there is truth on both sides of the issue. Sadly, I also think it's only going to get worse until people on both sides start breaking out of the molds that have shaped their thinking for a very long time and come together to find common ground, wherever that might be.

There is no one approach that will solve the problem. It's going to take lots and lots of focus on multiple situations to try to turn this around. (We've successfully used that approach to reduce death rates from auto accidents.) David Hogg's organization seems to be heading in the right direction with a bi-partisan, open-minded approach. I wish him and his team much success!
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 A must-watch, especially for parents... - JanetK_CA on 6/12/22 1:50pm
 Follow-up for AFTER you've watched the video linked above -  JanetK_CA on 6/12/22 2:16pm
 Re: Follow-up for AFTER you - MikeC/TX on 6/12/22 6:29pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - shooterclay on 6/12/22 10:39pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - PaigeTurner on 6/14/22 2:10pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - MikeC/TX on 6/14/22 6:25pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... -  Amigoaz on 6/14/22 9:43pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - MikeC/TX on 6/15/22 5:56pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 7:23am
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - MikeC/TX on 6/16/22 4:24pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 6:49pm
 Re: A must-watch, especially for parents... - shooterclay on 6/17/22 11:14pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.