Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Impact of Illegal Immigration on AZ
Posted by  Amigoaz of AZ on 9/18/22 8:08pm Msg #81740
This comment is a posted opinion from someone who works for the AZ National Guard (and a former Gilbert Council member).

I've heard these and many other stories about the impact in AZ. This hardly mentions all the fentanyl , meth, and other drugs that are being carried across by individuals and vehicles. Last week the first fentanyl "bricks" were captured. How many US citizens do they want to kill?

"I can’t comment on Tx and Fl but I can comment on what AZ is doing. I’m involved everyday. I’ve talked to them and to the landowners personally. The immigrants are asked where they desire to go. Many have families on the east coast and of they can get closer by getting a ride to DC, then they’re delighted. From DC they can ride a train to NY or south to the Carolinas or Fl. That’s where the majority want to go. The offer is explained to them in their language usually Spanish but there have been over 130 countries citizens who have crossed. They are provided custom buses, the same air conditioned buses that are used regularly ie Greyhound etc. They are given 3 meals a day, snacks, bottled water, and if there is a breakdown, they are provided a hotel room. If they change their mind enroute, they can get off at any point. There is a complete manifest completed with their essential information and wrist bands to ensure the info is properly assigned and not mixed up. The manifest is provided to the receiving point in Wash DC and they prepare in advance, they are given 3 days advance warning. The trip costs AZ 81k per bus load, but that’s cheaper than have tens of thousands stranded in border towns where resources are maxed out, and it helps to ensure border resources are available to help the continuous influx. The immigrants are informed, given written agreements and voluntarily sign for the trip. Most are happy to get the help and relieved they are done with the most dangerous part of their journey. The fences help on several ways, they funnel immigrants to staffed entry points where they can be processed vs having them risk their lives walking through the desert. The DC emergency manager gave AZ apocolades for how AZ is managing and coordinating. The media never reports these things We have already had to do over 116 body recoveries in AZ this year. It also helps growers preserve their crops, property and environment. I have personally talked to growers about this. For example, I spoke with a lettuce grower. He has 5,000 acres of lettuce. His gross income is $5500 per acre after which he pays costs. He provided outdoor Jon’s for immigrants walking through his fields. They won’t use the J-Jon’s and crap in their fields, often leaving Coli. The produce is then banned from sale and destroyed. The guy I talked to hasn’t been able to make money in two years because of the migrants. He said one more year of this and he will be forced to file bankruptcy and close his farm. No lettuce, no taxes, no employment, and it will devastate his little local community. The immigrants also have vandalized his property, stolen parts and equipment, ruined his irrigation equipment, etc. I can understand his frustration as well. The NGOs including church charities are begging for help, they’re overwhelmed and the humanitarian efforts are breaking them. If they fail, then there will be no one to help. The Biden admin recently revamped their procedures to process the crossings faster. It looks good for them but created a crisis in that the receiving centers are even more overwhelmed and the migrants are piling up outside of their centers, living on the streets in the heat. Not to mention the 5% but dangerous other Al effects like fentanyl related deaths of our youth, sex trade, human trafficking, rape, murders, etc. etc.
The current policy is crisp and mean and much worse than having immigrants process in legally."
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Not sure why they are complaining - PaigeTurner on 9/16/22 10:37am
 Re: Not sure why they are complaining - jnew on 9/16/22 8:10pm
 Re: Not sure why they are complaining - MikeC/TX on 9/16/22 10:40pm
 Re: Not sure why they are complaining - PaigeTurner on 9/17/22 12:03am
 Re: Not sure why they are complaining - MikeC/TX on 9/18/22 4:41pm
 This is what it costs Texans alone each year - PaigeTurner on 9/17/22 4:11am
 Re: This is what it costs Texans alone each year - MikeC/TX on 9/18/22 4:45pm
 They landed in FL, why? Was it planned? IDK - PaigeTurner on 9/18/22 6:18pm
 Re: They landed in FL, why? Was it planned? IDK - MikeC/TX on 9/25/22 5:29pm
 Re: They landed in FL, why? Was it planned? IDK - PaigeTurner on 9/26/22 5:33pm
 well....we need solutions, not political stunts - sigtogo/OR on 9/17/22 1:00pm
 Re: well....we need solutions, not political stunts - SC/CA on 9/17/22 2:24pm
 Re: well....we need solutions, not political stunts - bagger on 9/18/22 1:00pm
 My thoughts Bagger - PaigeTurner on 9/18/22 6:37pm
 your ignorance and shortsightedness knows no bounds n/m - sigtogo/OR on 9/18/22 8:29pm
 Look in the mirror, you are reflecting, lol n/m - PaigeTurner on 9/19/22 7:39am
 Seriously?!! Oh my... SMH n/m -  JanetK_CA on 9/19/22 11:23pm
 Can't be bothered to read it yet you have an opinion on it? -  JanetK_CA on 9/19/22 3:23am
 Re: Can - PaigeTurner on 9/19/22 7:41am
 Re: Can -  Yoli/CA on 9/19/22 6:13pm
 And yet - PaigeTurner on 9/19/22 7:54am
 This was a blogger opinion - PaigeTurner on 9/21/22 3:15pm
 That's DR "blogger" to you and me... -  JanetK_CA on 9/21/22 7:37pm
 Re: That - PaigeTurner on 9/26/22 5:37pm
 Re: Impact of Illegal Immigration on AZ -  Amigoaz on 9/18/22 8:08pm
 Thank you for being honest here n/m - PaigeTurner on 9/19/22 7:45am
 One version of the migrant relocation program -  Yoli/CA on 9/20/22 9:27am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.