Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

A correction on my part
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/25/23 5:51pm Msg #82364
In a previous post, I said that no one can remove a classified document from a SCIF. After doing some more research, I found that I was wrong.

Documents classified below "Secret" can, in fact, be removed from and reviewed outside of a SCIF by anyone with the proper clearance. That allows for the possibility of someone taking them home. Anything marked "Secret", "Top Secret", or above can only be reviewed in a SCIF. The Oval Office is a SCIF, as is the Situation Room in the White House, so sensitive documents could in fact have been lying around, unprotected. We know that Trump's stash included Top Secret documents; we don't yet know what the markings were on the documents Biden and Pence had.

And for those who think that what Biden and Pence did is the same as what Trump did, here is the statute I've referred to several times, 18 USC 1924:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1924

Please note the use of the terms "knowingly" and "with intent". Both Biden and Pence both said they were unaware that they had the documents in their possession, and both immediately notified the authorities as soon as they were discovered. Both facts work in their favor.

Trump, on the other hand, knew he had them and obstructed their retrieval for over a year, ultimately resulting in an FBI warrant to find and retrieve them. Trump himself claimed they were his property and said that he kept the empty folders as souvenirs, claiming that the documents he reviewed were never put back in their folders, which is absolute nonsense. Does anyone seriously believe that the individual classified documents were removed from their folders and then jumbled together at the end of the presentation with the empty folders left behind? Donald Trump would like you to think so.The real question is: where are the documents that belonged in those folders?

If you can't see the difference between what Trump did and what Biden and Pence did, there's something seriously wrong with your critical thinking skills...
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 More classified docs -- this time at Pence's home -  Yoli/CA on 1/24/23 1:22pm
 Wouldn't you love to know what they'd find - Linda_H/FL on 1/24/23 2:57pm
 Oops - s/b "career politicians" n/m - Linda_H/FL on 1/24/23 3:07pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence - PaigeTurner on 1/24/23 3:33pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence -  Yoli/CA on 1/24/23 4:36pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence - PaigeTurner on 1/26/23 1:47pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence - MikeC/TX on 1/24/23 4:24pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence - Linda_H/FL on 1/24/23 5:13pm
 Re: More classified docs -- this time at Pence - MikeC/TX on 1/24/23 6:14pm
 "Planning to sell them" is pure speculation - Linda_H/FL on 1/24/23 10:21pm
 Re: "Planning to sell them" is pure speculation - MikeC/TX on 1/24/23 11:03pm
 Easy Mike - guess you missed the "IMO" at the end n/m - Linda_H/FL on 1/25/23 8:07am
 Let me start another "conspiracy theory" -  Yoli/CA on 1/25/23 8:58am
 Re: Let me start another "conspiracy theory" - Amigoaz on 1/25/23 12:22pm
 Re: Let me start another "conspiracy theory" - MikeC/TX on 1/25/23 5:01pm
 Re: Let me start another "conspiracy theory" - PaigeTurner on 1/26/23 1:53pm
 Re: "Planning to sell them" is pure speculation - PaigeTurner on 1/26/23 1:51pm
 A correction on my part - MikeC/TX on 1/25/23 5:51pm
 Re: A correction on my part -  JanetK_CA on 1/25/23 6:51pm
 Re: A correction on my part - PaigeTurner on 1/26/23 2:04pm
 Re: A correction on my part - MikeC/TX on 1/26/23 4:14pm
 Re: A correction on my part - PaigeTurner on 1/27/23 3:46pm
 I believe Biden & Pence's "I didn't know" is ... - Moneyman/TX on 1/26/23 5:46pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.