Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Someone explain this to me
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/12/23 8:05pm Msg #82906
Your 'case in point' is about as good an example of the fallacy of the ""good guy with a gun" nonsense" as I can imagine. It's tough enough for the police, with all their training, to know who is who in that type of a situation, let alone all the other nearby yahoos carrying a gun for their own supposed protection. It puts the cops in an extremely difficult position, even if they've been present the whole time. If they show up after the fact, it's impossible. (It's only in the movies where the good guys wear white hats and the bad guys wear black hats... Wink)

As a general rule, I've heard that cops hate the laws that allow for the public to carry any type of weapons with impunity. They're expected to manage/control dangerous situations, but unless they see a crime happen, they can't do anything. If it was against the law to openly carry an AR-15, that would at least give them one tool to use to take action against 'bad guys' with guns, instead of just standing by until someone gets blown into pieces.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/7/23 6:17pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  Yoli/CA on 5/8/23 12:00pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/8/23 3:10pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - SC/CA on 5/9/23 11:21am
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/9/23 5:04pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/9/23 10:21pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me - MikeC/TX on 5/10/23 6:34pm
 Re: Someone explain this to me -  JanetK_CA on 5/12/23 8:05pm
 Let's hear your answer - PaigeTurner on 6/17/23 12:52pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.