Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I like this blurb from The Guardian.
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 5/31/23 12:54pm Msg #82924
I’m not necessarily advocating for them; I just really appreciate what it says. Something to think about.

“From Elon Musk to Rupert Murdoch, a small number of billionaire owners have a powerful hold on so much of the information that reaches the public about what’s happening in the world. The Guardian is different. We have no billionaire owner or shareholders to consider. Our journalism is produced to serve the public interest –not profit motives.

And we avoid the trap that befalls much US media – the tendency, born of a desire to please all sides, to engage in false equivalence in the name of neutrality. While fairness guides everything we do, we know there is a right and a wrong position in the fight against racism and for reproductive justice. When we report on issues like the climate crisis, we’re not afraid to name who is responsible.

And as a global news organization, we’re able to provide a fresh, outsider perspective on US politics – one so often missing from the insular American media bubble. Around the world, readers can access the Guardian’s paywall-free journalism because of our unique reader-supported model. That’s because of people like you. Our readers keep us independent, beholden to no outside influence and accessible to everyone – whether they can afford to pay for news, or not.”
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 I like this blurb from The Guardian. - SC/CA on 5/31/23 12:54pm
 Re: I like this blurb from The Guardian. - MikeC/TX on 5/31/23 4:14pm
 Good one! :-) n/m - SC/CA on 5/31/23 5:43pm
 Love it! I'm a fan of The Guardian! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 5/31/23 6:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.