Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 7/30/20 4:17pm Msg #32186
I was thinking about this last night on my way to and from a seller signing in a complex of town homes. I passed a number of groups of people sitting outside and socializing, not wearing masks. I guess it's human nature to feel safe with people we know well. That's where it's all too easy to let down our defenses and relax, which many naturally feel a need for these days, especially after a drink or a few...

So reminders like this are very useful. I think the most tragic situations are those where people lose someone closest to them - and possibly because of their own minor slip up, or relaxing of usual precautions... I have a few family members who I'm sending this to!

BTW, on a completely unrelated note, as I was walking back to my car after that last appointment at the town home last night, my bluetooth device suddenly activated, saying "device disconnected". I immediately reached for the pocket where my phone always goes and it wasn't there or anywhere else, and I knew I'd had it at the table. So I turned right around, went back to their front porch where we signed and found it laying on the base of one of those mobile basketball hoops. Both are black, so it was difficut to see. It must have fallen out of my purse when I picked it up. They'd already turned out the light, so it was pretty dark. Thank goodness for my bluetooth ear piece!! I might not have noticed until I got home - or even later. Whew!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing - MikeC/TX on 7/27/20 7:10pm
 Re: Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/28/20 8:21am
 Cheryl, didn't you recently go to Idaho? Did u have to test? -  Yoli/CA on 7/29/20 3:07pm
 no, but at the time I was in Idaho, cases were still low -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/30/20 8:59am
 Re: Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing - shooterclay on 7/28/20 11:02pm
 Small gatherings. - NVLSlady/VA on 7/29/20 9:30am
 OP: No way of knowing interactions of others (meant Mike) n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 7/29/20 12:41pm
 Re: Small gatherings. - shooterclay on 7/29/20 3:53pm
 Re: Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing -  JanetK_CA on 7/30/20 4:17pm
 Re: Wear. A. Mask. And practice social distancing - shooterclay on 8/1/20 11:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.