Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: One word answers your question... "Fear"
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 7/25/20 12:17pm Msg #32154
If this wasn't an election year, the "fear" wouldn't be as strong. It's not a win/win. We cannot shut down any longer and we can't keep spreading the virus either.
People are homeless, foodless, children missing school, forclosures are starting up, evictions are moving forward, and nobody has any plans or direction and then you have some just living life and being morons not taking any precautions creating a scene for attention to look like a jackass on the news.

We are a country of "haves and the have nots' and nothing in between. It's not divided by rich or poor, black or white, but if you have a job or jobless with no income or making money right now.
Supporting indefinitely without a plan is not the answer either, and opens the door for more fraud and weakens us. If we have a plan, only 1/2 follow it...so we have a problem in a country of freedoms.

All these riots, rallies have done way more harm than good.
People need to pick and chose their battles and just too much going on at once right now, and nothing is done or accomplished. In a crisis, the USA always comes together and unites, but not this time.

So, the way I see our future is the strongest survive, herd mentality, and let it go, as that's what seems to be happening anyway.
If the hot spots states such as CA, FL, TX and alike were on 100% lockdown planned out for 2 weeks, I believe it would turn around. That means to give everyone time to buy food, meds and that's it. Total shut down, including all essential workers except medical and police.
No gas, no groceries, no food, no drug stores open, no banks and notaries, we are locked down. After the 2 weeks pick up where you left off. I know that would never work, so we just do like we are, but th only thing I can think of the flatten the curve again.
Take care of yourself, wear a mask, wash your hands, and the others refuse, it's on them. Until we get a vaccine, not seeing any progress one way or another. We have a choice on what we as an individual want to do, so exercise it and be safe.

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 "How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the US?" - JanetK_CA on 7/24/20 12:25am
 Another perspective - Lee/AR on 7/24/20 8:47am
 This is interesting. It's certainly not about just the -  MW/VA on 7/24/20 9:13am
 One word answers your question... "Fear" - Linda_H/FL on 7/24/20 11:52am
 Actually, I think "Fear" is irrelevant in this case. -  JanetK_CA on 7/24/20 9:20pm
 Re: One word answers your question... "Fear" - Luckydog on 7/25/20 12:17pm
 Agree 100% - but I say 30 days - 2 weeks is barely - Linda_H/FL on 7/25/20 1:03pm
 Re: Agree 100% - but I say 30 days - 2 weeks is barely - Luckydog on 7/25/20 8:23pm
 Re: "How can a disease with 1% mortality shut down the US?" - shooterclay on 7/24/20 8:45pm
 Yes. Great comparison. We shouldn't forget those, either. -  JanetK_CA on 7/24/20 9:24pm
 Re: Yes. Great comparison. We shouldn - shooterclay on 7/29/20 3:59pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.