Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

A Good Cry
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 7/28/20 2:04pm Msg #32167
Only heard a bit over radio. Michael Fletcher wrote a good article about the Congressman's forgiveness philosophy.
I had just gotten out of school when he took the congressional seat (and wasn't thought of earlier for The March), and really wasn't familiar with his background, legacy, etc. From what I've read he was of remarkable character and inner strength. He is said to have received apologetic letters often.

Really hope Behaviors were befitting any remorse during a blood-stained era (though present society belies such hope).

As for the tears . . . It's good when good people touch our lives in positive (good) ways. That's no accident!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Did any one watch the Memorial for John Lewis yesterday -  Cheryl Elliott on 7/28/20 8:22am
 A Good Cry - NVLSlady/VA on 7/28/20 2:04pm
 Wish I had... -  JanetK_CA on 7/28/20 5:23pm
 Re: Did any one watch the Memorial for John Lewis yesterday - shooterclay on 7/28/20 11:06pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.