Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Critter-friendly hotels ...
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 11/13/18 10:01amMsg #30685
https://hotels.petswelcome.com/ and http://www.pet-friendly-hotels.net/
I have a friend with 2- 200 lb+ tortoises and a 3rd smaller one, maybe 100 lbs now. who live in her yard. her biggest problem is them digging out escaping, so she has them fenced in and has to keep an eye on them all the time. She is looking for a good zoo for them, no takers so far last I heard on the ones she would approve of. I had to help her once dig them out for an incoming hurricane so they wouldn't drown in their burrows, and keep them in the garage. That was tricky too because you don't want to collapse their tunnel and they suffocate in the process. They sense bad weather and hunkering down as well. They are strong and when they resist, not much you can do but wait for them to come out to eat and such and get them then, put them on a dolly type platform and move them.
Assuming your friend's is not on that massive of scale, I would probably just bring them in the room, and keep them in a plastic kiddie pool so they cannot wander and not say anything. There is no noise, there is not chance of destruction, there is no smell. Of course you couldn't do that in a 5 star hotel, but a regular roadside motel, I wouldn't say anything.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Critter-friendly hotels ... - Yoli/CA on 11/13/18 9:18am
 Re: Critter-friendly hotels ... - Luckydog on 11/13/18 10:01am
 my friends were able to hunker down at a Sheraton - notarydi/CA on 11/14/18 7:13pm
 Re: Critter-friendly hotels ... -  Cheryl Elliott on 11/14/18 8:33pm
 Good to know - anotaryinva on 11/15/18 5:09pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.