Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Update on my eye surgery
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 2/14/19 5:05pm Msg #30981
As most of you may know from a thread below, I was having surgery to remove some titanium plates that were implanted under my eye socket five years ago and were now causing problems.

The surgery took place yesterday at Baylor University Hospital in Dallas - about 40 minutes or so from home - and I'm happy to report that it went better than expected. The surgeon was able to determine that the plates were no longer necessary so he wouldn't have to replace them after he removed the ones that were causing my problem. That made the surgery easier - he basically just went in, removed the hardware, and closed the incision. What was scheduled for 2-3 hours and at least an overnight in the hospital was done in about 30 minutes, and I was home by noon. My vision was unaffected, and now it's just a matter of waiting for the incision to heal.

My thanks to those who responded with good wishes.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Update on my eye surgery - MikeC/TX on 2/14/19 5:05pm
 That is very good news, indeed. - Lee/AR on 2/14/19 5:17pm
 Re: Update on my eye surgery - Luckydog on 2/14/19 7:26pm
 Re: Update on my eye surgery - MikeC/TX on 2/15/19 4:08pm
 Re: Update on my eye surgery - Luckydog on 2/15/19 6:34pm
 That's awesome Mike! Thank you for the update! n/m - Bear900/CA on 2/15/19 7:07pm
 Re: Update on my eye surgery -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/14/19 10:21pm
 Great news! Praying for a speedy complete recovery. n/m - Yoli/CA on 2/15/19 9:30am
 Great news Mike & thanks for the update. ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 2/15/19 10:18am
 Excellent news! Congrats & speedy recovery! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 2/15/19 2:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.