Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Follow-up on DMV discussion
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 2/21/19 8:00pm Msg #31022
Today was a pretty cold (especially for us...) day with threats of rain and even thunderstorms, and a slow afternoon for me. I figured this was the kind of day that would discourage people from wanting to go to the DMV, and sure enough, the online posted waiting time was fairly low so I decided to just go for it. (My DL expires in June and I strongly suspect the DMV is going to get busier and busier as we get closer to summer.)

I got there a little after 3:00 and was all done in just under an hour (because I didn't complete the full online registration in advance, which would have saved some time), including a new photo. (Yay!! Nothing could be worse than the one on my current DL!) The guy who helped me was even pleasant and helpful, with a big smile. Wink

They did punch a hole in my old DL expiration date, so I don't know how I escaped that in the past, unless I just got lucky - or it's a newish policy. I should have the new one in about 2 weeks. (I still need to decide when to take my car in, though... That's likely to take a lot longer! Wink
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Follow-up on DMV discussion - JanetK_CA on 2/21/19 8:00pm
 I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  MW/VA on 2/22/19 2:49pm
 We have the same thing here in TX - MikeC/TX on 2/22/19 5:42pm
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  JanetK_CA on 2/23/19 1:25am
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA - MikeC/TX on 2/24/19 11:11pm
 Re: I know you said you wanted a new d/l photo, but in VA -  VT_Syrup on 4/4/19 6:28am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.