Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

I can see clearly now...
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 4/27/19 10:36am Msg #31094
It all started two years ago when I failed my D MV vision test to renew my driver's license. I went to my eye dr. and he said I'd be ready for cataract surgery the following year. He prescribed new glasses, I went back to DMV and passed the vision test, got my license renewed, with the disclosure that I should also get a DMV ID card IN CASE I LOST MY LICENSE TO DRIVE. That shook my tree a little.

What an eye-opener. When I returned for my eye exam in October, I was diagnosed with a retinal tear in my right eye. I have no idea why. I had been suffering from allergies and watering eyes from all the fires around here had no idea how it was affecting my sight. To complicate issues, I began having serious respiratory issues and a lingering bad cough. Diagnoses were the Valley Fever, pneumonia, asthma and COPD. This sent me off to some extensive physical exams, chest X-rays, EKGs and several visits to a pulmonologist. The upshot: I have asthma and chest congestion which I can manage with an inhaler, Flonase, Ricola and Clear Lungs (Chinese herbal blend you can order online with Puritan Pride for half of what you pay in Whole Foods). This condition delayed my retinal surgery because they won't allow you to have breathing/coughing issues while they need to anesthetize you while the procedure is performed.

Long and short: I had my retinal surgery on March 6. Then the first cataract on my right eye March 19. I'm going in next week for the left eye cataract removal. My vision is now 20/30. I will get new readers, but won't have to have glasses to drive. It's amazing, the results far exceeded my expectations. The drops before and after surgery are very expensive. I had the best surgeons on the planet performing the surgeries, and a very short recovery time both times. I'm so happy I decided to do this. A lot of people opt not to do it and just quit driving if they don't really need to. Mobility and freedom of movement are key to my life's ventures. I'm pretty sure my parents and grandparents had cataracts but never had them removed, and they all lived to late 80s. All of them smoked. A lot of eye issues are exacerbated by smoking.

It's great to see all the beautiful colors of nature again. Reading is now a pleasure. I don't fall asleep after a couple of paragraphs. Today's eye surgeries are so effortless and the results are so amazing. I had laser and implants. I don't believe I'll ever have eye issues in the future.

For anyone contemplating cataract surgery, it's a piece of cake. Glad I did it. The results are incredible.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 I can see clearly now... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/27/19 10:36am
 I'm amazed by now many people I know that put if off--why?? -  MW/VA on 4/27/19 6:04pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... -  JanetK_CA on 4/27/19 11:19pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - HisHughness on 4/28/19 2:01pm
 I completely agree with the use of sunglasses (polarized). -  MW/VA on 4/28/19 2:55pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - MikeC/TX on 4/28/19 7:05pm
 Ocular melanoma is caused by UV sun exposure -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/3/19 7:46am
 Re: I can see clearly now... - MikeC/TX on 4/28/19 6:25pm
 Lenses and laser technology is fabulous for many -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/29/19 1:13pm
 So glad you're doing great with the eye surgery. Eyesight -  MW/VA on 4/30/19 8:54am
 I made the investment because my general health is great -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/1/19 10:58am
 Absolutely! ;-) n/m -  MW/VA on 5/1/19 4:40pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... - NVLSlady/VA on 5/6/19 12:47pm
 Re: I can see clearly now... oops, s/b ;) - NVLSlady/VA on 5/6/19 12:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.