Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/26/19 5:54pm Msg #31238
I can't understand why these guys don't even knock - they don't have to wait for a response. In my case, I'm often sitting at my computer which is maybe 12 feet from the door to my apartment. If they knock, by the time I get to the door they're usually back in their vehicle. Fine with me - no need for me to sign for the package, so just let me know it's here.

When AMZL started here, the drivers had the annoying habit of not even trying to deliver to the door in my apartment complex - they would just dump all the packages at the leasing office as if that was a mail room. The office staff was not happy and complained to AMZL - it took a couple of months, but the problem was eventually corrected. Now if they can just get them to at least knock on the door...

"BTW...the logistics had him in the same place for a long time...so it must just update like once an hour or so"

If the map shows they're at the same place for a while, it's probably because they have multiple deliveries there - could be the same street, could be an apartment complex. Or maybe they're taking a break for lunch or whatever. I tend to be a little OCD with this stuff when I'm expecting a delivery and check the map several times. My experience has been that they're usually within 10-15 minutes of when the delivery actually shows up.

"They do drive really nice Mercedes Sprinter vans however"

That's the direction they're going in as they expand AMZL as a franchise, and that may be the only option they have in certain areas. In my area - Dallas/Fort Worth - we're still seeing drivers for AMZL using their own cars, so they're probably contracted drivers making little money, something similar to an Uber driver delivering food. As Amazon builds out their delivery service, I think that's going to change

PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 New Feature for Amazon tracking - Luckydog on 6/25/19 1:55pm
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - MikeC/TX on 6/25/19 5:46pm
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - Luckydog on 6/26/19 8:08am
 Re: New Feature for Amazon tracking - MikeC/TX on 6/26/19 5:54pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.