Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I had FIOS for a while & didn
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 8/11/19 7:00pm Msg #31325
Exactly, which is why more people are turning to streaming services. They WILL negotiate - aggressively - when you tell them you're canceling. It took me about 30 minutes to actually cancel my cable TV service because the Customer Service rep kept offering me other packages at reduced rates, but which didn't include all the channels I wanted. She also tried to push cell-phone service, which Spectrum has recently started offering. I must have told her about 6 times that I was not interested in cell-phone service, but that didn't stop her. A really frustrating experience.

And then I got a mailer the other day from my internet provider - Spectrum - offering a brand new idea. For $29/mo, you can get all of your local channels and up to 10 cable channels (selected from a shortlist) streamed directly to your TV without the need of a set-top box or installation. That might work for some, but it doesn't work for me.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Cord-cutting - the final chapter - MikeC/TX on 8/7/19 6:03pm
 You keep talking about cost of tv, but what are your total -  MW/VA on 8/8/19 7:37am
 Re: You keep talking about cost of tv, but what are your total - MikeC/TX on 8/8/19 5:07pm
 Re: Cord-cutting - the final chapter - Luckydog on 8/8/19 9:24am
 Re: Cord-cutting - the final chapter - MikeC/TX on 8/8/19 5:51pm
 Have you checked out DirectTV Now--it's another streaming -  MW/VA on 8/8/19 8:45pm
 Re: Have you checked out DirectTV Now--it - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 4:32pm
 I agree. I know a lot of people using only a high def -  MW/VA on 8/11/19 5:24pm
 Re: Cord-cutting - the final chapter - Luckydog on 8/9/19 10:18am
 Seriously?? The price of internet has gone up since they -  MW/VA on 8/9/19 2:25pm
 Re: Cord-cutting - the final chapter - MikeC/TX on 8/9/19 4:51pm
 I had FIOS for a while & didn't like it. I went back to -  MW/VA on 8/11/19 5:23pm
 Re: I had FIOS for a while & didn - MikeC/TX on 8/11/19 7:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.