Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Well, this is annoying...
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 1/19/20 6:09pm Msg #31559
I saw a mention today online of a documentary I wanted to record tonight on FX, so I went to my streaming service channel guide to flag the recording. But the FX channel wasn't there anymore. Neither were the other FX network channels I used to have nor the about 22 regional Fox sports channels I never used.

Hello? Did I imagine having FX as an available channel?

A quick Google search turned up the fact that the FX networks have been sold to Disney, and the Fox regional sports channels (mostly college games) have been sold to Sinclair Broadcasting, and both are raising their rates. So, on Jan 1, with no notice to subscribers, my streaming service quietly dropped 27 channels - poof! Gone! From 100 channels down to 73. With no notice or explanation. Did they lower their monthly charge to reflect that? Of course not - why would they?

Of the 27, FX was the only one I watched occasionally, so it's not a big deal for me - it's just mildly annoying because I can't watch this documentary I wanted to see. The point is, shouldn't they have the responsibility to notify you when they are changing what you're paying for? Especially when they are reducing what's available to you?

Cord-cutting is like the wild west right now - no regulations, no guarantees or promises. Caveat emptor.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Well, this is annoying... - MikeC/TX on 1/19/20 6:09pm
 I think this is going to happen more & more as more cos. -  MW/VA on 1/20/20 8:06am
 Re: I think this is going to happen more & more as more cos. - MikeC/TX on 1/20/20 5:51pm
 Just to update my previous answer - MikeC/TX on 1/21/20 4:28pm
 It serves them right, IMO. They got greedy & charge too -  MW/VA on 1/31/20 7:53pm
 Re: It serves them right, IMO. They got greedy & charge too - MikeC/TX on 2/1/20 5:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.