Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Old Lady writing to bank!! You have to read this
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 9/8/20 12:06pm Msg #32253
Oh, I love that letter! The writing is exquisitely wicked. Good for her. “As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Let me level the playing field even further.” So great!

Personally, a few years ago, Bank of America lost $4,000. of my husband’s money. It was simply no longer in his account. The bank manager confirmed that it was an apparent clerical error. However, it still took almost an entire year and major old-fashioned paper evidence on my husband’s end, to prove his case, to rectify their mistake, and get is $4,000 back. Needless to say, he now banks at a local credit union.

I also read a story (during the realestate-bubble-mortgage crisis) whereby an elderly couple’s home was being foreclosed by B of A. The only problem was, they never had a mortgage and never banked with B of A. Confirming that it was clearly an error, B of A told the couple they would resolve the issue. However, foreclosure proceedings still moved forward. The couple then, wisely, obtained counsel. After B of A continued to do nothing, and foreclosure loomed, the attorneys went into the local branch and started to take things...phones from desks, chairs, coffee tables…whatever they could grab, and put them into the middle of the street, under the awaiting cameras of the news team they had called. Stating in the press conference that, if B of A could take their client’s belongings with no just cause, so could they of B of A’s belongings. The issue was resolved that afternoon. I wish I could find the original article.

I don’t know how to say this, in this context as this is a political comment, which mixes with the leisure header. Don’t mean to offend but, suffice to say, I think that providing legal protections to corporations to be treated as “individuals” should be outlawed, ASAP.

The person writing the letter was great ! And good for the bank manager for publishing it in the NYT!
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Old Lady writing to bank!! You have to read this -  walthtz on 9/7/20 4:22pm
 I've had a bank that deserved this - CST on 9/7/20 5:23pm
 Gotta love that spunky lady!! :) n/m -  Yoli/CA on 9/8/20 8:56am
 Re: Old Lady writing to bank!! You have to read this - SC/CA on 9/8/20 12:06pm
 Don't mess with us OldePhartz n/m - HisHughness on 9/9/20 12:56pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.