Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

20 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that are powerful & inspiring
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 9/20/20 10:21am Msg #32284
1. "I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability."
2. "Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time."
3. “Women belong in all places where decisions are being made. It shouldn’t be that women are the exception.”
4. "So often in life, things that you regard as an impediment turn out to be great, good fortune."
5. “People ask me sometimes… ‘When will there be enough women on the court?’ And my answer is: ‘When there are nine.’ People are shocked. But there’d been nine men, and nobody’s ever raised a question about that
6. "Reacting in anger or annoyance will not advance one's ability to persuade."
7. “My mother told me to be a lady. And for her, that meant be your own person, be independent”
8. "Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you."
9. "You can't have it all, all at once."
10. "I'm a very strong believer in listening and learning from others."
11. "In every good marriage, it helps sometimes to be a little deaf."
12. "A gender line...helps to keep women not on a pedestal, but in a cage."
13. "If you want to be a true professional, do something outside yourself."
14. "Don't be distracted by emotions like anger, envy, resentment. These just zap energy and waste time."
15. "If you have a caring life partner, you help the other person when that person needs it. I had a life partner who thought my work was as important as his, and I think that made all the difference for me."
16. “I became a lawyer for selfish reasons. I thought I could do a lawyer’s job better than any other.”
17. “You can disagree without being disagreeable.”
18. “When contemplated in its extreme, almost any power looks dangerous.”
19. “Women will have achieved true equality when men share with them the responsibility of bringing up the next generation.”
20. "Justices continue to think and can change. I am ever hopeful that if the court has a blind spot today, its eyes will be open tomorrow."
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 RIP Ruth Vader Ginsburg -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/20/20 10:16am
 20 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that are powerful & inspiring -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/20/20 10:21am
 Re: 20 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that are powerful & inspiring -  Amigoaz on 9/20/20 3:10pm
 Re: 20 Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes that are powerful & inspiring -  JanetK_CA on 9/21/20 12:44am
 RIP RBG! Her legacy will live on. I'm appalled by the -  MW/VA on 9/20/20 5:38pm
 Re: RIP RBG! Her legacy will live on. I - Luckydog on 9/22/20 11:57am
 Becomes JP--rush to appoint a new Judge before the election. -  MW/VA on 9/23/20 6:48pm
 Re: Becomes JP--rush to appoint a new Judge before the election. - Luckydog on 9/23/20 9:29pm
 Belongs in JP... n/m - Bear900/CA on 9/24/20 3:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.