Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Well, this was mildly upsetting
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 12/19/20 8:44pm Msg #32467
After my recent hospitalization, I am currently receiving in-home physical therapy one day a week. Just before Thanksgiving, my therapist told me she would be taking a couple of weeks off because her daughter was going to have a baby, so I didn't think much of it when there was a substitute PT the next week. And the next week. And the next week. And the next week.

She finally came back this week. During the course of our conversation, after I congratulated her on becoming a grandma, she dropped a bombshell. A week after last seeing me, she tested positive for Covid-19. Her office knew, but never alerted me. I was led to believe by her replacement that she was just taking time off.

She's fine now - she had relatively mild symptoms and tested negative a few times before being allowed to return to work. We also both always wore a mask while she was working with me. Enough time has passed that I'm not concerned about having been infected, but both of us were concerned about the fact that I was never told what was going on. She knew that patients she had seen in the past day or two before her positive test were alerted, but that was it.

What she told me was that she gets tested weekly. I would think that if I saw her in between a negative and a positive test, I should have been notified. Happy I dodged a bullet, but not too happy with her company's decisions.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Well, this was mildly upsetting - MikeC/TX on 12/19/20 8:44pm
 Really scary, Mike. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/20/20 11:03am
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - Luckydog on 12/20/20 12:15pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - MikeC/TX on 12/20/20 5:26pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - Luckydog on 12/22/20 5:42pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting -  JanetK_CA on 12/21/20 11:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.