Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 12/21/20 11:49pmMsg #32473
This - as well as something I just read over on JP - reminded me of an app I recently signed up for. It's normally something I would immediately pass on. (I was going to say that I'd normally "avoid it like the plague", but that didn't seem appropriate... Wink) This app notifies you if you've been in the vicinity of someone who's also using the app and has recently reported a positive Covid test. The comments I read about it's privacy policy were encouraging, so I decided to go for it, mainly because it's the only way I think I'd ever find out if someone I met with got infected. I don't imagine we'd find ourselves at the top of someone's list of people to notify in that type of situation.

It was sent to me as a prompt by T-Mobile when I recently updated my phone. So far, only a handful of states have it available. Here's a short article I found about it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelsandler/2020/12/07/california-launches-covid-19-contact-tracing-app-from-apple-google/
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Well, this was mildly upsetting - MikeC/TX on 12/19/20 8:44pm
 Really scary, Mike. n/m -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/20/20 11:03am
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - Luckydog on 12/20/20 12:15pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - MikeC/TX on 12/20/20 5:26pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting - Luckydog on 12/22/20 5:42pm
 Re: Well, this was mildly upsetting -  JanetK_CA on 12/21/20 11:49pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.