Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Finally signed up for my chip insertion!
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 3/18/21 10:41pm Msg #32884
There is an alarming growth in the number of people refusing to take the vaccine, based primarily on misinformation being spread by anti-vaxxers and Qberts, so don't be surprised if your date gets pushed up. There are doctors and pharmacists literally going out and looking for people to vaccinate, regardless of eligibility, because the alternative is to throw the vaccine away when people don't show up for their appointments.

I've had both of my shots, and after the second one, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Yesterday, for the first time in over a year I went shopping at my local Costco, and it was a great feeling. I still wear a mask in public - not because I have to, but because the CDC tells me to in order to protect others from the possibility that, even though vaccinated, I still might spread the virus. Call me crazy, but I trust the science. When Fauci and the CDC tell me it's OK to not wear the mask in public, I'll retire it.

What drives me crazy is the anti-maskers who insist that I should also remove my mask. Why? How is my wearing a mask having any kind of effect on your life?

I have close family members who are refusing to take the vaccine because they're buying into the anti-vax propaganda. I'm not going to argue with them - there's clearly nothing I can say that will sway them, so why fight about it and cause hard feelings? All I can do is hope they don't get infected because now that TX has lifted all restrictions they are among those going about their lives as if nothing ever happened. Which is exactly what this virus has been waiting for.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Finally signed up for my chip insertion! - shooterclay on 3/17/21 5:29pm
 Re: Finally signed up for my chip insertion! - MikeC/TX on 3/18/21 10:41pm
 Re: Finally signed up for my chip insertion! - shooterclay on 3/20/21 3:23pm
 Re: Finally signed up for my chip insertion! - MikeC/TX on 3/20/21 4:03pm
 Absolutely correct! n/m - shooterclay on 3/21/21 12:51am
 Re: Finally signed up for my chip insertion! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/22/21 9:31am
 Oreos are the best! n/m - shooterclay on 3/23/21 3:11pm
 I asked if we were getting chips and margaritas - Bear900/CA on 3/24/21 3:35pm
 Free with your COVID shot - Beer! - Bear900/CA on 3/24/21 3:52pm
 Re: Free with your COVID shot - Beer! - MikeC/TX on 3/24/21 5:37pm
 Give him a sed-a-give! - Bear900/CA on 3/25/21 10:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.