Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: I saw that on the FoxNews about J&J one.
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 4/12/21 6:20pm Msg #32950
Most if not all vaccination sites have a nurse and/or EMT on-site and prepared just in case someone has an allergic reaction, which is always a possibility. If you know you have allergies to certain types of medications, you should tell them before they stick you.

After the shot, they make you sit and cool your heels for 15 minutes. When I got my shots, they wrote the time you could leave on the vaccination card, there were clocks posted all along the wall for you to check, and you had to show your card before they let you leave. The chances are that if you don't have a negative reaction within the first minute or so, you'll be fine. You may feel sick for a day or so after, but ultimately you'll be fine.

There have been cases locally where someone started having what appeared to be a reaction, the medical staff rushed over, and it turned out the person was having a panic attack. Having had panic attacks in the past, I know they are very real and very scary - but they are not life-threatening, and all the medical staff can do is try to talk you down...

Don't be afraid of or concerned about the shot. There's risk in everything we do in life, but the vaccines have proven to be safe and the feeling of being out from under the threat of this thing is worth the temporary inconvenience. Despite what some people say about the vaccines being developed too quickly, it took Dr. Kariko 40 YEARS to figure out how to make this work. Trust the science.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Not necessarily related to the vaccine. - NVLSlady/VA on 4/8/21 2:43pm
 Yikes! Amazon (aka, new owners of Crystal City, VA) - NVLSlady/VA on 4/8/21 2:54pm
 "In the INvent" Lol (y'all know what I meant). n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 4/8/21 9:25pm
 Re: Not necessarily related to the vaccine. - Carolyn Bodley on 4/8/21 10:21pm
 I saw that on the FoxNews about J&J one. - NVLSlady/VA on 4/9/21 11:40pm
 Re: Over on Just Politics, there is a link MikeC just - Carolyn Bodley on 4/10/21 2:46pm
 Re: Sorry. Just above in Leisure n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 4/10/21 2:47pm
 Re: I saw that on the FoxNews about J&J one. - MikeC/TX on 4/12/21 6:20pm
 Panic attacks. So what you're sayin' is - NVLSlady/VA on 4/13/21 2:20pm
 Re: Panic attacks. So what you - MikeC/TX on 4/13/21 4:35pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.