Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Impossible burgers vs veggie burgers
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 7/10/21 12:56pm Msg #33215
Same here.

I just happen to live in a place where there are many options for year-round fresh organic produce of some sort, and while it can be expensive, I'm hooked just due to personal preference - how it tastes and how I feel. We run out of veggies far before we run out of protein or starch.

My father-in-law, while an avid wine drinker, was also completely addicted to salad every night and fresh fruit for dessert. He was very fit and active until his passing. And my Mom grew-up on a farm in Ohio, so fresh produce was a staple for me early on (and not a negative "eat your vegetables"). Although, my Mom was a little confused when I would combine tofu with chicken. As she saw it as meat vs. no meat. But, I still do both, but just a lot less meat, 'cause it feels better. I lean toward recipes with lots of veggies and a little meat for flavor.

During quarantine I've gotten into long, complicated cooking adventures as a way to use my creative energy, and while I don't stick to just vegan food, we both just prefer it, and I'm always on the look-out for more recipes and adventures in healthy eating (and healthy living for that matter). We call it "healthy gourmet."

Love herbs and spices too - get them in bulk from Mt. Rose Herbs in Oregon. I'm now experimenting with their dried mushrooms and seaweed to make dashi (Japanese broth), for that umami flavor. I have an extensive cabinet of spices for Indian, Italian, Russian, Chinese, and now Japanese cooking. I also find that all of the herbs/spices help with digestion (like fennel, anise, cumin, coriander). My husband is now into making beans - made in a variety of ways, and sometimes just used as a sauce. They're great.

One of these days, I'll focus on cleaning as much as I do on cooking and the house will be immaculate! Until then,
I'll order some goodies from Mt. Rose Herbs !
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - MikeC/TX on 7/6/21 6:59pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - Bear900/CA on 7/6/21 11:47pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - SC/CA on 7/7/21 2:49pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - Bear900/CA on 7/7/21 6:23pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - SC/CA on 7/7/21 7:38pm
 Thank you SC/CA! - Bear900/CA on 7/8/21 12:35pm
 Impossible burgers vs veggie burgers - Luckydog on 7/9/21 10:03am
 Re: Impossible burgers vs veggie burgers - Bear900/CA on 7/9/21 6:10pm
 Re: Impossible burgers vs veggie burgers - SC/CA on 7/10/21 12:56pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - MikeC/TX on 7/7/21 11:49pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - ML/PA on 7/7/21 1:05pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - Bear900/CA on 7/7/21 2:24pm
 I've eaten many types of vegi burgers. I once ordered one -  MW/VA on 7/7/21 4:00pm
 Re: Give me a Buffalo Burger, please n/m - Carolyn Bodley on 7/7/21 7:40pm
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - Cheryl Elliott on 7/8/21 9:04am
 Re: Has anyone else tried "alternative meat"? - SC/CA on 7/8/21 10:42am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.