Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Brown Sugar
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 10/15/21 9:32am Msg #33573
Huh, and all these years I thought it was referring to interracial dating. I guess I never paid attention or knew what he was saying in the first 3 lines of the song reading the lyrics.
I guess we are slowly turning into a society of removing statues, retiring songs and next will be art galleries. Just removing all these things, doesn't erase history. It happened, we learned, but erasing the past like it never happened is not good.
Does America really want that? I don't think so. Let's next attack the libraries and throw away all the books depicting slavery, Nazis, our slaughter of Native Americans and stealing their land, whatever else was not pleasant in our past.
I don't think when it was written was meant to offend, but to tell a story of truth. It's sad they are bending, I get why, but don't agree. Let us attack the rappers who have the N* word every other sentence and kill the cops and exploit women. If the Sones have to retire a song, then 99% of the music today also needs to be gone with their videos.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Brown Sugar -  Mike Goodey on 10/14/21 4:09pm
 So sad. Many of those things weren't derogatory in the -  MW/VA on 10/14/21 4:47pm
 Re: Brown Sugar - SC/CA on 10/14/21 6:13pm
 Re: Brown Sugar - Luckydog on 10/15/21 9:32am
 Using Rock to promote political agenda - belongs in JP n/m - Bear900/CA on 10/15/21 9:39am
 I agree. Let's please keep those issues off this page. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 10/15/21 12:31pm
 Re: Brown Sugar - jnew on 10/17/21 8:49am
 Re: Brown Sugar - MikeC/TX on 10/17/21 5:41pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.